Master’s Degree in Packaging Design and Development (on line)
Our program is centered on generating new alternatives for the design and development of packaging and packing, taking into consideration innovation factors and global trends for the application of comprehensive cutting-edge solutions to product value chain strategies.
We are committed to developing the best creative talent in Latin America. Therefore, we created the Roberto Garza Sada Center (CRGS), a space for ideas and expressions where the most brilliant, forward-looking, and creative students from the Art, Architecture, and Design division come together.
This master’s degree program is delivered totally on line, with an option to take some on-campus courses and do some specific practices person-to-person, in coordination with the ABRE Center and the Roberto Garza Sada Center.
The ABRE Center is a center for innovation in the design of packaging located at the Parque de Investigación e Innovación Tecnológica (PIIT) of the state of Nuevo León.
The international nature of the master’s program is strengthened by our faculty who possess talent and expertise in the different areas related to packaging, design, and logistics. We have national and international professors from countries such as the United States, Japan, Romania, and Spain, to name a few.
Aim of the program
Graduates will be able to design and develop product packaging and packing. They will put into practice skills and knowledge concerning the aspect of design, commercials, material selection, usability, distribution, and sustainability.
Student learning outcomes
- To be knowledgeable about types of materials and their features, as well as about the processes used for the production of containers and packaging, in order to select the most appropriate material for each product.
- To acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to detect, analyze, and enhance the factors affecting user motivation, for the development of products.
- To get acquainted with and analyze distribution systems to assess the risks and environmental conditions that products and containers will endure during their marketing and distribution.
- To bet acquainted with and explore the properties and features of new materials in order to apply them to the development of products and containers.
- To have the ability to assess product materials, processes, and shelf-life in order to determine the environmental impact of a product, its packaging and packing.
- To make decisions conducive to the efficient use or resources and their value chain.
University graduates with professional experience in new product development, packaging and packing, logistics, marketing, innovation departments, branding, or like areas.
- Interest in new technologies and trends
- Environmental responsibility
- Critical thinking
Professionals trained in and capable of making decisions, creating solutions for the development and analysis of packaging and packing. They can also make efficient use and application of materials and production processes in the value chain.
Online Academic Program
The program is divided into four-month periods and participants can take two courses per term. Courses are taught over six weeks, which gives participants flexibility to continue working while studying. Interaction will take place through synchronous and asynchronous sessions in order to allow for a flexible educational experience.
- 100% online courses and interactions, which allows for schedule and location flexibility that adapts to your needs.
- 24/7 access to materials during courses.
- In-person options in various courses for practice, use of laboratories, and research (see curriculum)
- Hold an undergraduate degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Up-to-date résumé.
- Letter of intent to join graduate program, signed by applicant and addressed to the Director of the MDDEE program. This letter must specify to projects or areas of interest to be developed or explored while pursuing the master’s degree, in the Innovation Project.
- Portfolio of outstanding projects. (See how to create a portfolio)
- Create your profile through the SER UDEM platform.
- Submit application for Admission to Graduate level program, along with requested documentation. [Download PDG application]
- Take the Graduate Level Admission Competency Evaluation (ECIP).
Send admission information to: [email protected].