Bachelor of Animation and Digital Effects
To educate and train you as a professional specialized in analyzing, designing, and applying concepts and practices to develop digital content with high artistic quality, optimized for programmable electronic devices and to promote pleasant immersion environments.
- As a candidate to study this program, you should have…
- A taste for technology, reading, and the fine arts.
- Creativity and openness to change.
- A desire to learn English.
- A willingness for constant self-learning.
- An interest in experimentation.
- A desire to foster the skills to interact and communicate with people.
- An interest in cultivating spatial and scientific reasoning.
- Curiosity, persistence, patience, cultivation of imagination, honesty, a service of spirit.
Student Learning Outcome
- You will apply the principles of animation, including walk and run cycles, two- and four-legged characters, synchronization of sound with character speech, scenarios and environments, with reductions and enlargements, on positions and continuity, action lines, silhouettes, a sense of time, continuous animation and frame-by-frame animation, illumination, motion, sound, and integration. Furthermore, you will design and develop joints for movements in animation structures.
- You will create animation and videogame models by using shapes, proportion, weight distribution, anatomy, expressions, gestures, and facial expressions. You will model rigid, smooth, subdivision, and coarse surfaces. You will also create and explain textures which are consistent with the visual environment of the project.
- You will design and produce visual and audio digital elements and effects that meet the needs of the script. You will digitally represent natural phenomena related to water, fire, gas, and other special artificial environments, and you will combine effects and elements from different sources to achieve visual consistency and credibility.
- You will produce and implement interactive computer technology that complies with the best practices of man-machine interaction.
- You will demonstrate a basic understanding of the design and assessment of interactive products through the creation of high-fidelity prototypes.
- You will integrate knowledge and skills by developing specialized digital production projects in one of the areas of the degree program: animation, modeling, digital effects, or interactive production, with an emphasis on the creation of a portfolio that meets industry standards.
Field of Work
As a LAED graduate, you will be able to work in companies dedicated to information technology, advertising, entertainment, and education, thanks to the constant demand for experts in the production of interactive digital contents. You will also be able to start your own business.
- 3D Animator
- 2D Digital Animator
- 3D Artist
- Visual Effects Artist
- Multimedia Developer
- Multimedia Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Editorial Cartoonist
- Visual Effects Director
- Videogames Artist
- Graphic Display Producer
- Digital Content Producer
Academic Program Director
Guillermo Enrique Lavín Montero
+52 (81) 8215-1000 ext.1261